During Ride Week, commuters are encouraged to pledge to carpool, vanpool, bike, walk, bus or train to work.
Pledge today for a chance to win great prizes!
- Apple iWatch
- 2 $100 VISA gift cards
- 3 VCTC gift packs (each includes a 10-ride VCTC bus ticket, t-shirt, reusable water bottle and tote bag)
HOW IT WORKS
- Pledge to RIDE by logging in or creating an account at www.RideMatch.info. That’s all you need to do to be automatically entered into the prize drawing.
- OR, fill out a pledge form and give it to a designated contact at your place of employment.
- Want extra chances to win? Once you’re registered, use www.RideMatch.info's Commute Calendar to log your RIDEs during Ride Week. The more RIDEs you log, the more chances you have to win!
RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be employed or a full-time college student in Ventura County (regardless of home location).
- You must pledge to use some form of ridesharing (defined as carpool, vanpool, bike, walk, bus or train) between Oct. 3-7, 2016.
- You must submit a pledge by either
- VCTC and VCAPCD employees and their families are not eligible for any prize-winning opportunities associated with the Ride Week campaign.
Did you know that in Ventura County about half of all air pollution comes from cars and trucks?
When you rideshare, even just a few times a week, you make a difference. By removing vehicles from the road, you help ease congestion, reduce harmful emissions and make our community a little better for all of us.
Ride Week 2016 is an opportunity to try catching a faster, cleaner, healthier ride to work or school … and win great prizes along the way!
Ride a bus. Ride a bike. Ride in a carpool or vanpool. Stride on a sidewalk. Even telecommute! October 3-7 is the week to get out of your solo car and into a better ride.
WHY RIDE?Sharing a ride is a great way to save money and get to work or school stress-free and on time. And best of all, you will feel great about supporting your community and the environment through your new and improved commute.
PUT MONEY IN YOUR POCKETFor a solo driver, national average cost of a daily round trip commute is $12 – multiply that by your full workweek and the costs add up quickly. By sharing a ride, a typical U.S. rideshare user can save as much as $600 per month!
GO GREENDid you know that personal cars account for 20% of CO2 emissions?! Try sharing a ride to help create a better environment for everyone! For more information on 50 simple steps you can take to reduce air pollution, visit the Ventura County Air Pollution Control District.
SHAPE UPShort commutes provide opportunities for exercise with walking and bicycling. Just 30 minutes of bicycling can burn more than 300 calories!
LIVE SOCIALVanpooling, carpooling or buddying up to walk or bike to work allows you to get to know your peers and coworkers outside the office. Find a commute buddy here!
WAYS TO RIDEWhether you carpool, vanpool, bike, walk, or take transit, VCTC has a variety of resources to help you get started with your ride:
FIND A CARPOOL PARTNERVisit www.RideMatch.info to find someone close by who shares your workplace destination and hours.
PLAN YOUR COMMUTEUse the 511 Trip Planner to learn how to commute on a bus or train. Or, at VCTC’s website, find Ventura County specific us and train schedules.
GET REAL-TIME BUS ARRIVAL INFORMATIONUse NextBus to tell you when the next available bus will visit your stop or station.
BUY A BUS PASSNeed to purchase a bus pass? You can do that here.
KNOW WHERE TO PARKKnowing the locations of Park and Ride lots can make transportation from your car to a carpool, vanpool or mass transit seem much more comfortable and secure.